As a follow up to my latest post on anxiety and fear; well I have learned that as I am naturally a perfectionist person who analyzes this is never a good combination with fear… right?
There have been a few things I have learned about someone with fear and anxiety:
- There is something that triggers the cause of fear and anxiety. Find what that trigger was and work through it.
- Be ok with silence
- Be confident. Confidence can be robbed and leave you insecure and fearful.
- It is a behavioral habit that you need to learn to reprogram your mindset
- Things will always be out of your control and you need to find contentment in that.
- Your contentment can not be found in other people.
- There will always be “worst case” scenarios but it is how we respond to the thought of them.
- You are the only one that can control your feelings and how you respond to it. Other people can have influence but you have the ability to give them that power of influence
- Think upon whatever is just, pure, lovely, worthy, true, honorable, gracious, virtue, and excellence.
- Keep going strong. Be courageous. Face your fear. Your reward will be bigger than the damage fear caused.
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, man has that helped me. I was reminded by a friend that this is not a weakness but a journey of my life that is bringing the intimacy between me and my Heavenly Father closer. I wake up every morning in fear that I may fear… that doesn’t make any sense does it? I pray every morning “God give me your peace of mind for I know that my mind is not peaceful”
I’ve also been clinging to Proverbs 23:7: “For as he thinks within himself, so he is.” I love this verse so much I just might get it tattooed on my body.